Head of School Search
A search is underway to identify a new Head of School at The de Paul School in Louisville, Kentucky. The new Head of School will assume the position on July 1, 2021. The de Paul School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and will follow NAIS Principles of Good Practice regarding Head of School searches.
The School has appointed a Search Committee to conduct the search and has engaged a national executive search firm, Educational Directions Incorporated, to assist the Search Committee.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and nominations in confidence to:
Dr. John Watson, Partner
Educational Directions, Inc.
Candidates should express their interest and begin the application process as soon as possible.
Please submit the following:
• A letter addressed to the search committee explaining their interest in The de Paul School;
• A resume;
• A personal statement focusing on the education of children with learning differences and management style/philosophy;
• The names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references. (finalists will be expected to provide seven additional references);
• Semifinalists complete a short video interview in response to questions from the Search Committee.
The de Paul School Head of School Search Committee Members
- Rebekah Agee – Team 7 Teacher (Civics, Languages Arts, Success); ISACS Steering Committee; Presenter at National Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference; Leads Harry Potter Club and DIY Girls Club
- Angela Chumbley – Board of Trustees Chair; Executive Committee Chair; Board Governance Committee; Strategic Planning Committee; UPS Manager
- Judy Davenport – Immediate Past Board of Trustees Chair; Search Committee Co-Chair; Executive Committee; Board Governance Committee; Strategic Planning Committee; Owner Davenport Management Company/McDonald’s
- Jay Klempner – Past Board of Trustees Chair; Executive Committee; Board Governance Chair; Resource Management Committee
- Heidi Schissler – Executive Committee Secretary; Board Governance Committee; Legal Director, Protection and Advocacy
- Laura Shea – Team 8 Teacher (Social Studies, Languages Arts, Success); Social Studies Department Chair; ISACS Steering Committee; Presenter at National Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference; Leads The de Paul School Swim Clinic
- Alexandra Thurstone – Head of School, St. Francis School
- Claris Udd – Board of Trustees (1996-2019); Strategic Planning Committee Facilitator
- Todd Warren – de Paul School Alumnus; Board of Trustees (2006-2016); Vice President, MPI Printing
- Audra Williams – Board of Trustees Vice Chair; Executive Committee Vice Chair; Search Committee Co-Chair; Strategic Planning Committee, Marketing Committee; GE Appliances Program Manager