Careers At The de Paul School
The de Paul School is a fully accredited and acclaimed independent school for children with learning differences such as dyslexia, ADHD, and central auditory processing deficit. Each de Paul School classroom is led by a credentialed, highly-qualified, enthusiastic, and specially-trained teacher who understands the joys – and challenges – associated with our field and our mission. We will accept applications from educators whose college degrees, training and instructional experiences reflect expertise and commitment to transformative student achievement. The candidate will articulate a resolution to supporting the school’s established instructional and cultural pillars. We seek educators who are passionate about student success, resilient, superlative communicators, and models of civility and hopefulness. Our de Paul School teachers work in teams, so candidates must possess a commitment to collaboration and corporate problem-solving.
Interested professionals can send their letter of introduction to email@example.com.
*The de Paul School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, or disability in the administration of its policies, procedures, and programs.
The Teacher is responsible for instructional delivery of the school’s curriculum to its students per the approved and specialized de Paul School methodology. As part of the de Paul School instructional day, the Teacher manages her/his students in areas of organization, behavior, movement through the daily schedule, and safety/security. The SCHOOL HANDBOOK and EMPLOYEE HANDBOOKS provide clear and specific information about the duties and demands associated with one’s role as Teacher at The de Paul School. The EMERGENCY MANUAL is also a valuable resource. This is a full-time and exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and delivers instructional lessons to the students, then assesses performances against goals and objectives of the lessons. Planning, instruction and assessment demonstrate expertise with the School’s methodology which is designed specifically for students who learn differently.
- Communicates through documents, conversations, reports, and conferences the student’s progress and areas for improvement. This communication is both internal and external.
- Participates fully in the professional development program for the faculty. Works with Principal to craft and perform against a personalized professional development plan.
- Participates in curricular and instructional committees which advance the School’s instruction and educational culture (e.g., departments).
- Provides vigilant mental and physical presence throughout the school day and throughout campus to support safety and security. Fulfills monitoring duties and assignments which oversee students and others in a vigilant manner.
- Represents the School internally and externally as a professional, knowledgeable, and responsible educator and individual.
- Attends and supports, as needed, special events which promote the school (e.g., Open Houses) or which celebrate milestones in the School’s history/year (e.g., Recognition Night).
- Degree in Education, Special Education, or specialization which may translate into content-rich expertise (e.g., Mathematics, History, Science, Engineering); license/certification required
- Proven instructional experience and expertise with students who learn differently
- Experience in an independent or private school is desirable
- Exemplary communication skills in 1:1, small group, and public settings
- Unquestionable integrity, particularly in honesty, discernment, and trustworthiness
- Collaborative, resilient, and optimistic
- Highly organized and self-activating
Faculty members report to the Principal/Associate Head of School.
The de Paul School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, or disability in the administration of its policies, procedures, and programs.
To apply, please send resume to Laurie.Bottiger@depaulschool.org.