The de Paul School’s mission, educational philosophy, and vision articulate exactly how our instructional methods and classroom design will be distinct so that our students who learn differently can succeed.
As we celebrate 50 years of educating children, we also celebrate a legacy of success in honoring our mission-promise on a daily basis.
The de Paul School teaches students with learning differences how to learn, how to become independent, and how to become successful.
There is no better testimony of our success than the success of our students:
- Over 90% of our 8thgraders are accepted into their high schools of first choice.
- 98% graduate with a high school diploma
- 93% pursue a post-secondary education
- 37% actively engage in volunteering or civic engagement
- 87% say The de Paul School is significant to who they are today
Those statistics indicate clearly that The de Paul School is building confident learners and leaders. Now, consider this additional feedback from our parents during a recent Parent Constituency Survey. It also shows parents’ confidence in our school’s ability to deliver on our promise.
- 99% of Parent Respondents believe that each student is well known.
- 98% of Parent Respondents believe that the School’s mission is achieved. (In fact, the survey indicates that the score was significantly greater than similar schools’ responses to that same question.)
- 94% of Parent Respondents rated our Language Arts program as “excellent and/or very good.” (This is significant because reading, writing, spelling and comprehension difficulties are the primary reason why parents choose The de Paul School.)
- 92% of Parent Respondents rated overall academic services as “excellent and/or very good.”
Often times, parents come to The de Paul School defeated and frustrated from other academic environments that have failed their child. We understand that not all students learn and thrive in a mainstream environment. That’s why they rated us significantly HIGHER than similarly missioned schools who were recently surveyed.
A comprehensive academic experience involves not only a focus on curriculum but also individual development. Our assessment shows that parents believe The de Paul School is stellar in helping our students in developing as people of character, strength and leadership. How confident are our parents? 94% shared they were “extremely/very likely” to recommend The de Paul School.
We pride ourselves in what we call the de Paul Difference. And the results of our assessment shows we are truly making a difference in our students’ lives.